Send A File - Requirements
If you are preparing graphic files for us, here are a few tips:
- We accept both Mac® and PC® and can work with virtually any software.
- We recommend that you send your art file(s) to us using the “Send a File” function
- To ensure the highest quality output be sure to save your images at 300dpi (dots per inch) at the finished size. Pixel files are .bmp, .tif, .jpg; the preferred format is .tif.
- If your file is for vinyl output it needs to contain a Vector image of your sign and/or logo. This means your text and graphics are outlined.
Some programs offer an option to Save or Export Text as Vectors, Curves, Paths or Outlines. Vector files are .ai, .pdf or .eps.
- Convert all fonts to curves or paths to avoid possible font substitution. This rule goes for all types of files.
- Save photographic images at 100% of the actual size (when possible) and at the resolution specified by our designers.
- Please embed linked images when possible into the file.
- Recommended color mode for raster files (Adobe Photoshop) is RGB.
- Recommended color mode for vector files (Adobe Illustrator) is CMYK.
- If by chance you are using Quark Xpress, please save the file as a .pdf, (File«Export«layout as .pdf).
- If by chance you are using Corel Draw, please convert the fonts to curves.
- Include Pantone Colors for your files, or provide a hard copy of the approximate colors desired.
- Website graphics are almost always unusable.
- The total size of all uploaded files should be less than 1 gigabyte.
- For best results we recommend you ZIP files before sending them.
- If you files is larger than 1 Gig please contact Eastern Signs for alternative ways to get the file.